* T2H Rakennus Oy is a Finnish developer. As a design-build contractor, T2H designs and constructs housing projects themselves, focusing on liveable, attractive, and affordable homes.
* T2H selects their sites carefully to fit their strategy of creating “Lovely Homes”.
* Good sites that fit T2H’s requirements are hard to come by, so sites that are considered need to be assessed properly to understand the opportunities with regards to liveability.
* For site assessments, T2H wanted to boost efficiency and work with more precision, and also understood the need to streamline and digitalize their workflows in order to improve their business.
* In this Spacemaker pilot, the team could evaluate sites faster, spending fewer hours internally assessing each site – an estimated 50% less time per site. This resulted in significant cost reductions plus a more efficient workflow.
* Spacemaker’s data-backed insights enabled the team to understand the site opportunities in more detail. Working with more accuracy, this gave them greater confidence to ensure the site could meet their targets.
* Spacemaker's 3D modelling tools were a game-changer for assessing sites. Other important tools included Parking, and the Noise and Daylight analyses.
Founded in 2010, Finnish developer T2H Rakennus Oy stands out in the market for creating liveable, attractive, and affordable homes under the strategy of “Lovely Homes”. Based in Vantaa, the company operates in the Helsinki Capital region and Tampere region, northwest of the capital. As a design-build contractor, T2H designs and constructs housing projects themselves, which range from terraced houses to apartments. The company expects to build 1,400 housing units in 2021.
So what makes a T2H home? High ceilings, large windows for daylight and views, and generous living spaces and balconies. To create this high level of liveability, choosing the right sites is key – and as such, T2H selects these very carefully to fit their strategy. Essential qualities include good accessibility, a wide range of amenities, and close proximity to nature.
Saving time and resources
Good sites that fit T2H’s requirements are hard to come by. So the sites that are considered need to be assessed properly to understand the opportunities and how different designs affect the liveability of the apartments. The pressure of time is part and parcel of the site acquisition process, and thorough site assessments are often time-consuming. T2H wanted to boost efficiency and work with more precision here, and these were the main motivations behind starting a pilot with Spacemaker for site acquisition but also for other projects in different phases. With the future in mind, the company understood the need to streamline and digitalize their workflows in order to improve their business.
During the pilot, T2H was able to assess 70 sites in 4 months using Spacemaker. The team could evaluate sites faster, spending fewer hours internally assessing each site – an estimated 50% less time per site, according to Samuel Tuomivaara, project developer at T2H. This results in significant cost reductions plus a more efficient workflow that benefits the business. Samuel Tuomivaara said, “Our time is valuable, so it's great that by using Spacemaker we can explore sites in less time and that way, we can keep our focus on the right track.”
Assessing sites with greater precision
Using Spacemaker for site acquisition helped T2H understand the opportunities of the site in more detail than ever before. Spacemaker’s data-backed insights allowed the team to work with more accuracy, thereby giving them greater confidence to ensure the site could meet their targets. "Using Spacemaker to assess sites more accurately helped us improve the decision-making process," says Samuel Tuomivaara.
For site design, several features stood out during this pilot. To deal with architectural challenges regarding site design, Spacemaker's 3D modelling tools were game-changing. Using the 3D tools, T2H was able to assess their sites and compare different architectural designs like never before. Parking was also a major factor to consider, and with Spacemaker's Parking tool, the team was able to design parking efficiently on site. Using noise and daylight analyses, T2H was able to ensure the high quality of liveability they required, optimizing the buildings to open up more apartments – and also playgrounds – to the best orientation and minimize noise issues. Looking ahead, T2H plans to continue using Spacemaker to help the company meet the living and business challenges of the future, meaning many more customers will have the opportunity to enjoy T2H’s lovely homes for years to come.
Are you ready to win more sites? Contact us to learn more about how Spacemaker can help improve your site acquisition process.
Main image: rendering from T2H project As Oy Vantaan Kinos, in Martinlaakso, Finland. Image credit: T2H and Arkkitehtitoimisto Helamaa & Heiskanen Oy.